Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Taken a few months ago when it was still raining and beautiful. I thought I'd put it up to remind myself of the better weather to come. I hate the heat.

While hanging on for dear consciousness in lab today, I listened to John Mayer's "New Deep", and the lyrics made me think of the past year or so. I'm growing reclusive, and when I do open up, it's with people I've only recently met. Why? I'm not sure. I just feel tired like I'm growing out of my old life. Everything there is the same, just with a change of dress, and looking back reminds me of how much I don't belong there anymore. I don't miss feeling lost, I don't miss always searching, and I don't miss the same hackneyed complaints. I'm just done.

I've got my never-ending work load to return to so rather than search for apt words, I'll just quote the song. I know I've been lazy in filling the lines, but I guess it happens when you find living your life is sometimes more important than just speculating about it. Sometimes.

"Ever since I tried
Trying not to find
Every little meaning in my life
It's been fine
I've been cool
With my new golden rule..."

No comments: