Saturday, February 28, 2009

liars in love

Bougainvillae grown in my backyard. I've always liked their texture, but I particularly like the ones in this shade, the jubilant, come-hither shade. The title of the post is again from a collection by Richard Yates who puts everything so poetically.

I recently put Michael Bublé into my Pandora and out came Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Glenn Miller .. so my days in lab have been sweet. Today I'm writing and reading over the manuscript for my next paper. After a year of tediousness, the images are finally done and the movies are made so I'm ecstatic and would love to show you if anyone is interested in Nematology. In other news, I created a blog for food today: www.spooningspace.com, which I will hopefully remember to update. Its particulars are still subject to change because I don't love the title, but I always wanted to be a food critic so I went forth and seized. Something will come of it.

I've had the same two sentences and scenario playing in my mind for the last three years of something I want to write about, and I only just found an ending two days ago. It came to me just as I was getting ready for bed, and normally I would seize the moment but I've been busy and preoccupied lately so I hope the ardor doesn't fade. I have so much on my plate before I pack my bags for that plane. I've been adopting the Anne of Green Gables philosophy that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it, and if you think of it that way, it's like getting a chance to start over, everyday. I've decided to get out of my own way and take things as they come. Life will always have its bends and climbs, but I've got on my dancing shoes ..

No comments: