Monday, March 2, 2009

my everything

Taken at the Capital Building in Salt Lake City this past September. Something about the lighting makes me feel like I'm in a Harry Potter novel.

I am so very stressed at the moment and while I know that's not worth updating about it, I can't sleep so you'll have to bear with me. I've got so many things to think and do in the coming days, but I'm staying calm and handling it fairly well. Slowly I'm becoming more of my old self whom I've been trying to dig out for the past four years. It's pathetic; I know.

Loan invited me to join Twitter tonight, which I did, and Skot then laughed at my inability to keep up with the times. Yes, I'm becoming old and outdated in my ways and will probably not know how to turn on a computer in 5 years. Slowly but surely my dreams of being that hip, cool mom are slipping away, evident by my recent mishap with an iPhone that I will omit out of sheer embarrassment. It's funny how we once vowed never to be our parents and now involuntarily wag our fingers in the same manner or how we hated TAs for being so mean and hard sometimes and now make our students jump through the same hoops. But you know what - it's not so bad fitting the mold now and then. In fact, it's almost comforting.

Alas I'm off to bed for my very early morning tomorrow. Kevin and I are getting some people together for the GetAway this Friday so if you are around the area, swing by! 'Night lovelies.

No comments: