Thursday, February 19, 2009

eleven kinds of loneliness

Just some rocks to fill the frame; I've always found them interesting - the different shapes and sizes, grooves and textures. We kick and toss them aside, but I can't help feeling the markings on each one and wondering what kinds of storms it's weathered. I want to mention the best guy in my life who has been my rock lately. Thank you for always being supportive and letting me run into your arms bewildered and tear-stained like the movies.

The title is from a collection of short stories that I just finished by Richard Yates. I picked it up out of curiosity because I really like the title but then read it through to partially wash out the emptiness in my stomach after reading Revolutionary Road. Talk about hopelessness.

1 comment:

Suniye said...

At least you're reading! I haven't finished a book in the last two months. =/
On a happier note, I am done with my JET interview. WooHoooooo!!!