Saturday, February 14, 2009

blossom

Taken again in my backyard on the same morning as the last. I'm trying to get the images as crisp as the old camera so have some patience.

I'm excited for Valentine's this year. I was quadruple booked until I sat down and had to choose two. I also just got your very red bouquet this morning. Thank you, it's lovely..

A lot of people are up in arms about the date because it's such a "Hallmark Holiday". That may be, and I too dislike the overemphasis on couples and commercial aspects, but why be so bitter? It's a day for love and I think that's nice. We all could use a little more of it. Even if all you see on television are couples giving gifts, hug someone you care about. Do something nice. The usual argument is always "but why do I need a special holiday to remind me of it?" Sure, you should be loving everyday, but are you? Yeah I thought so. So just take the holiday to remind yourself of all the wonderful people in your life and have a happy Valentine's :)

2 comments:

None11111 said...

V-day is good. I too made some choices about v-day, and I'm going on three dates today! "yay" for hallmark.

Suniye said...

I agree! Happy Valentine's Day, my friend!