Wednesday, January 7, 2009

sandstorm

Taken in New Haven, CT in October 2008. I saw another one in New York two years prior and it made me laugh as well. No standing, hah.

I'm in the process of backing up all my documents, notably my old xanga entries. I meant to just keep a record, a diary of sorts, but I'm now thinking of compiling them into some bigger work. I wonder if with some tweaks here and there, I could publish it. I've got a few different ideas for projects to do, but the main idea is I want to write more. Chris recently suggested I write a memoir, and after some thought, it's not a bad idea. We'll see what results in the coming months.

I had a very nice conversation with James last night, but it made me a little sad. Despite our efforts at sporadic phone calls, things just haven't been the same since I moved out of LA, and this is true for many of my friendships. I especially miss James and the early morning/late night adventures. Nowadays, there are no sushi binges, alcohol nights, impromptu coffee dates. I understand people move out, on and away, but I've been reminiscing lately about the days when everything was still black and white. You could still be anything when you grew up, friends were forever, and you had a clear rule about rights and wrongs in life. I never imagined things could ever get so gray. It's true that the more you learn, the less you know.

1 comment:

Suniye said...

Write! It's right. :)