Friday, January 2, 2009

the new year

This picture was taken from the top of the stairs in the capital of Salt Lake City, Utah. Of course I couldn't capture the grandeur of the place so the picture has no real focus, but I like the feigned perspective you get from the top.

Okay so I think I've finally chosen my new year's resolutions. I know these are supposed to be decided on before the new year, but I wanted some time to choose mine:

1) To believe in myself (again) - I realize a lot of faults this past year came from self-doubt, and with life being so short, I just can't have any of that.

2) Write short stories - It's been a goal of mine for some time (the novel, that is), and I've made a few attempts, but I always felt like I was stealing from books I'd already read. It's only occurred to me a couple months ago to use people and experiences from my own life. Nothing borrowed about that.

3) Learn French - I've said this for the past couple months, but I've finally decided tonight over coffee with a friend. It's my new hobby to keep me preoccupied and working towards a goal.

4) Exercise - por supuesto. What are resolutions without this one?

1 comment:

Suniye said...

Happy new year, Phuong! Good luck on your resolutions! Now that you have made them public, I will make sure to crack out that whip and see to it that you are following up on them!