Thursday, December 25, 2008

happy holidays

Indeed what is Christmas without poinsettias? This was taken today.

I have spent part of my year working to correct past mistakes and most of the year fretting about those same mistakes. If you know me at all, you'd know I've been haunted by the skeletons in my closet. But who has set them free? And who let them gnaw at me so? The answer to both is 'me'. Just as I drove myself off the course in the past, I am hindering my own retribution in the present with my worries, anguish and insecurities. It's taken me a whole year to see this clearly, at the price of some sleepless nights, missed exam points and people I love, but I digress ... Now that it's Christmas, I think of how much I missed out on.

I have deleted the second half of this post because it focused on some memories from the past, and though I cherish them, I'd like very much to move on. I have a lot to be thankful for, and I hope you all see the good things and people in your life. A very merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Suniye said...

Merry Christmas, love!