Thursday, June 17, 2010

Blades of grass in my backyard taken this morning. I edited the photo and added a touch of sepia on top. It was supposed to be on the bottom but Blogger doesn't seem to want to cooperate these days. Perhaps it's time to change.

I recently tried to volunteer for Planned Parenthood, something I've always wanted to do. They have this opportunity to speak to middle schoolers a few times in the fall, but turns out you have to be 18-24 years old, the "college ages" they call it. Apparently once you're 25, you become an adult in the eyes of adolescents who will now go back to rolling those eyes and completely ignoring what you have to say. It's becoming harder and harder to believe how old I am. I know it's a petty complaint, but hell, it's freaking me out and come this October, I'm sliding down the other side of the mole hill. I still remember my own "you're not old" reassurances to others. Nothing ever seems like a big deal until it happens to you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh, to be 25 once again, or even 26. but not to fret, I think. I think the most attractive, exciting, and liberated age is 27, which you still have a ways towards. after that, you just wait until you're 30, at which point, you truly are old.