Tuesday, September 2, 2008

bump

Taken from Griffith Park, Los Angeles in November 2007. Sunset came and set the city aglow. True to L.A. though, the glow first wrestles with the dome of pollution. Also true of L.A., there was a model doing a photo shoot about 10 meters away from me.

I wrote this last year:

My senior year in high school, I struggled with writing and Kriesel (my teacher) told me I was trying too hard to be someone I'm not. I've come to realize the biggest, most difficult challenge in writing is neither grammar nor rhetoric. It is not so much the search for prosaic meter or your place in literary heritage but rather just the rhythm of your own voice. At the risk of sounding like a hippie or fanatic, I think most people write without ever really feeling it, and you sense the disconnect between author and pen.


And now I am going back to learn from my own words. This is absurd.

No comments: